Friday, May 14, 2010

Hello Hurricane

Hello Hurricane is a song sang by Switchfoot, this is for those who are not much of a hardcore Switchfoot fan, like Ezra, the dude who LOVES Switchfoot.
I'm not blogging about how the song was wrote and what the song means though...
I'm blogging about how the song affected me in my everyday life.
To me, this song is about how determined one can be to live, or maybe even to love.

John Foreman sings:
"I've been watching the sky,
They've been turning blood red,
Not a doubt in my mind anymore,
There's a storm up ahead"

What I think means is that he knows that something is about to happen, and there's no doubt about it. So yeah, in life there are things that are bound to happen, whether you like it or not, it's going to happen, without a doubt.

John Foreman:
"Hello Hurricane
You're not enough
Hello Hurricane
You can't silence my love
I've got doors and windows boarded up
All your dead end fury is not enough
You can't silence my love"

Here, obviously you can see that he's saying that nothing can stop him,not even a hurricane that could probably, not, WILL kill a person.Well that's in everybody's opinion,I think, including mine.
To me, it means that nothing can stop me in whatever I do.
And this chorus really picks me up when I listen to it.

John Foreman:
"Everything I have I count as loss
Everything I have is stripped away
But before It started building
I counted up these costs
Ain't nothing left for you to take away"

Here, in my way of seeing it, is how I imagine a really bad day. Everything happy in me is lost....taken away. But from there, I build it up again, and there's nothing that anyone or anything can do to take it away.

The other parts of the song is a total boost-me-up to spark up my day.
And so I conclude, when you're down and need a pick-up, try listening to this song. It works on me, so I'm not surprised that it would work for you.

No comments: